SALI TRUST – LIASA LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
|2017||Prof Seth Manaka|
|2016||Prof John Willemse|
Nominations for 2018
LIASA and the SALI Trust are proud to call for nominations for the Lifetime Achievement Award for 2018.
A presentation will be made to the recipient at the LIASA Annual Conference Gala Dinner.
This award honours librarians by acknowledging their contribution to the profession and the South African nation over a long period, including the skills, ingenuity, dedication commitment and service that individuals in the library and information sector bring to their institutions and communities.
- Friday 20 July 2018 – Nominations: The deadline for nominations on the prescribed form to be submitted to the LIASA Manager or the SALI Trust Administrative Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to either the LIASA or the SALI Trust postal addresses (see below).
- Friday 31 August 2018 – The deadline for the selection of the recipient by the SALI Trust – LIASA Award Selection Committee.
- Thursday 11 October 2018 – Presentation to the recipient of the award at the 2018 LIASA Annual Conference Gala Dinner and Awards Ceremony.
All nominations submitted will be treated with the strictest confidence. All nominees will be evaluated on the following criteria:
· A sustained and notable contribution to the profession over an extended period of many years in the fields of library and information services and/or research and/or education and/or training. The contribution can be on any level of the profession, including operational, management or academic.
· Notable impact and influence on institutions, communities and the profession
· Life-long service to communities and the profession over and above institutional employment requirements
· Development of colleagues and members of the profession through leadership, guidance, encouragement, mentoring and training
· In general, the award is aimed at recognising an extraordinary career rather than the ordinary.
The award is open to any member of the library and information profession in South Africa who is aged 55 or above and forged a career in the profession. Nominees may still be active in the profession or retired.
The nomination form must include:
· Nomination form to be completed and signed by the nominator
· A motivation statement, maximum 200 words signed by the nominator
· The motivation must be accompanied by a biographical sketch on the nominee, which outlines the nominee’s career and contribution to the profession (not more than 500 words), as well as a colour head and shoulders photograph in jpeg format of the nominee for publicity purposes
· The motivation statement and biographical sketch should cover the criteria outlined above.
Nomination forms can be downloaded from this link and then be forwarded to email@example.com or posted to the SALI Trust at P O Box 38220, Faerie Glen, 0043. Nominations received will be acknowledged.
Closing date for receiving nominations: 20 July 2018.
The decision of the Award Selection Committee is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.